- Conference Declaration on Conflict Prevention and Resolution in the Horn of Africa. This was a result of the Internatonal conference on conflict prevention and resolution in the Horn of Africa held at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas on November 11/2011.
- Horn of Africa Peace
and Development Center congratulates Somaliland
- Southern Methodist University in collaboration with The Horn of Africa Peace and Development Center presents: THE SOMALIA CRISIS: Implications for the Horn of Africa and the World
(Monday February 22nd
Reception at 6:30pm
Panel Discussion at 7pm
McCord Auditorium, 3rd Floor of Dallas Hall
Southern Methodist University). Click here for a short introduction of the Horn of Africa Peace and Development Center.
- Horn of Africa - from glory to misery and hope (written in Amharic)
- SOMALI PIRACY: A COMPREHENSIVE SOLUTION
- Press Release: Which Way Somalia: Continued Anarchy Or Peace?
- Proceedings of International Conference on A Development Strategy for the Horn of Africa
October 20-22, 2006, Africa Program, The University of Texas, Arlington
- A Call for Immediate and Appropriate Action in Somalia
- A Call for Immediate and Effective Action in Somalia. Letter of appeal the center sent to the United Nations, the African Union, the Council of the European Union and President George W. Bush for immediate and effective intervention by the international community in Somalia.
- Presentation by Yussuf Kalib at the 4th International Conference on Ethiopian Development Studies (ICEDS) on Peace and Development in Ethiopia and Northeast Africa held at Western Michigan University August 2-4, 2007.
- Second Horn of Africa Community meeting held on June 3, 2007 to discuss the war in Somalia and the overall situation in the region. Keynote Speaker: Ambassador David Shinn, former US Ambassador to Ethiopia.
- First Horn of Africa Community Meeting - Ambassador Tibor P. Nagy, former US Ambassador to Ethiopia, was the keynote speaker.
- Community meeting to discuss the war in Somalia and the overall situation in the region. Keynote Speaker: Ambassador David Shinn, former US Ambassador to Ethiopia. When: June 3, 2007 (4-7pm)
- Listen to an interview on Voice of America (Amharic Service - February 9/2007) about our center's mission and goals.
- Letter sent to the Senate Foreign Relations Sub Committee on Africa by Dallas Peace Center and Horn of Africa Peace and Development Center.The purpose of the letter was to appeal for USA Action
for sustainable peace in Somalia.
- Listen to an interview on Voice of America (Amharic Service) about the conference that ended on October 22/2006.
- AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON A DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY FOR THE HORN OF AFRICA - Conference Program, Conference Background , Conference Flyer (October 20 -22, 2006
THE AUDITORIUM, DEPARTMENT OF ENGINEERING, THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON)